Uddhav Thackeray should apologize to the people of the state for losing investors faith in the state government, says Industry Minister Uday Samant. He said, Dr Manmohan Singh government gave IFSC status to Gujarat in 2011. Aditya Thackeray should ask Congress why Maharashtra was ignored. Big industries like Vedanta Foxconn, Airbus Tata and Bulk Drug Park have moved out of Maharashtra. The previous Maha Vikas Aghadi government of Uddhav Thackeray is fully responsible for this.
Shiv Sena Deputy Leader and Industry Minister Uday Samant criticized the previous Uddhav Thackeray government in his tweet saying that due to the wrong policies of the Uddhav Thackeray government, Maharashtra has lost its credibility as a safe place for industries.
Uday Samant tweeted that, Sachin Waze was reinstated in the police service after being dismissed in 2008. Former Environment Minister Aditya Thackeray had recommended Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray to reinstate Waze in service. Subsequently, in February 2021, Sachin Waze planted a car filled with gelatin sticks/ explosives under the residence of India’s most prominent business family.
MP Sanjay Raut who was instrumental in forming the coalition government gave protection to Waze on behalf of the party. He was described as “honest and capable”. This incident was a major shock to the business community globally and was also a major reason for the loss of confidence in the state.
Uday Samant alleged that the image of Mumbai as a safe place for business was seriously tarnished. The overwhelming support given to Waze by the Thackeray government had demoralized businesses and investors, and because of this, big businessmen decided to move out of Maharashtra.
The Thackeray government played a major role in driving out industries from the state of Maharashtra. The events of Waze and the political patronage given to them will have a lasting impact on Maharashtra as a safe place for business and investment. But through various decisions and policies taken by our government in the last one year, we are now gaining the confidence of investors. Instead of politicizing big projects, he should apologize to the people of the state for losing the trust and confidence of the investors in the state government, he said in a tweet at that time.
IFSC (INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL SERVICE CENTRE ) STATUS OF MUMBAI – Why did Mumbai lose IFSC status?
1) Ignoring Mumbai – the financial capital of India, Gift City of Gujarat was given IFSC recognition by the UPA government in 2011.
2) The High Powered Expert Committee appointed under the chairmanship of Parsi Mistry recommended that IFSC be denied to Mumbai as it lacks infrastructure and all big projects are moving forward at snail pace.
3) Fifteen years of coalition government of Congress and NCP made Mumbai miserable and deprived it of development.
4) Aditya Thackeray should ask Congress why they gave IFSC recognition to Gujarat in 2011
5) During the Thackeray government, Aditya Thackeray tried to block major projects of Mumbai like, Carshed, Mumbai- Ahmedabad bullet train. Such a decision halted the development of Mumbai and shattered the confidence of investors Shri Uday Samant added.