HomeKashmirTwo houses and a cowshed damaged in a fire mishap in Handwara...

Two houses and a cowshed damaged in a fire mishap in Handwara village


Srinagar: Two residential houses and a cowshed were damaged in a fire mishap in Geeripora village of Handwara on Monday. 

In the meantime, Sub inspector of Magam Police Post Suhaib Ahmad went along with his whole team and with time called Fire services of Villgam and Magam, who reached there so quickly and doused the fire. Tehsildar and ADC Handwara Nazir Ahmad reached there, and comforted the fire victims.

Highly appreciative job was done by Suhaib Ahmad and fire service department personnel who went there within no time, and controlled the fire. An official told the media that fire broke out in one of the residential houses and soon engulfed another nearby house and cow shed. 

He said that in the fire incident two houses and a cowshed were damaged, while the cause of fire was said to be due to a gas leak. Meanwhile, civil and police officials reached to the spot and assured the fire victims of all possible help.

Also, social activist Sheikh Jamsheed reached the spot and he too appealed to the District Administration as well as the Union Territory administration to fully help the victims of the fire tragedy as they belong to very poor and scuffed families and they should be compensated. The fire victims also appealed to all the NGO’s and the public to help them to overcome the distressing and catastrophic situation.

Aadil Akbar
Aadil Akbar
Special Correspondent (Jammu and Kashmir) - The author is a young journalist working in the field since the past 6 years. He has covered politics and human interest stories including war-like situation the Kashmir valley.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Must Read