In a significant move ahead of the upcoming Lok Sabha elections, the Yogi Government of Uttar Pradesh has presented a robust supplementary budget emphasizing substantial allocations to various sectors including Industry, Ayodhya, Electricity, and Agriculture. The supplementary budget, tabled by Finance Minister Suresh Khanna, amounts to Rs 28,760.67 crores, presenting a comprehensive plan to fuel development and welfare initiatives across the state.
The supplementary budget features notable allocations, focusing prominently on:
- Electricity Sector: Maximized funding to bolster the electricity sector, with Rs 1000 crores dedicated to subsidize power loom weavers’ electricity bills.
- Ayodhya Development: A provision of Rs 100 crore has been allocated for the upcoming Ramotsava function coinciding with the consecration of Ram Mandir in Ayodhya. Additionally, Rs 50 crores are earmarked for Ayodhya city development and Rs 5 crore for Ramayan research.
- Religious Infrastructure: A substantial sum of Rs 40 crores has been designated for the upkeep of protected temples, and Rs 6 crores for renovating old Mutts & Dharamshalas, aligning with the government’s religious initiatives.
Industrial and Infrastructure Focus:
- Textile Park Development: An allocation of Rs 510 crore for the Lucknow-Hardoi textile park under the PM Mitra scheme to drive industrial growth.
- Ganga Expressway Developer Compensation: To offset GST payments by the Ganga Expressway developer, a sum of Rs 518.87 crores has been set aside.
- Infrastructure Expansion: Allocation of Rs 400 crore for constructing four-lane roads in industrial & logistic parks and Rs 231.41 crore for debt repayment related to Lucknow and Kanpur metro projects.
- State Capital Region (SCR): Rs 50 crore earmarked as seed capital for the recently announced SCR to stimulate future development.
The supplementary budget faced opposition from Samajwadi Party legislators who boycotted the house, citing the government’s alleged underutilization of previously allocated funds. However, the Yogi Government remains steadfast in its allocations, aiming to bolster multiple sectors and lay the groundwork for extensive development across Uttar Pradesh.